On Sun, Jan 29, 2017 at 08:12:21PM +0000, Mik J wrote:
> Hello Gilles,
> Thank you for your answer.
> For the first point I have this ruletable domains file:/etc/mail/domains
> table users file:/etc/mail/users
> accept tagged CLAM_IN for domain <domains> virtual <users> deliver to maildir
> "/var/mail/vmail/%{rcpt.domain}/%{dest.user}/Maildir"
> In /etc/mail/domains I havemydomain.org
> In /etc/mail/users I haveu...@mydomain.org _vmail
> I read a few times what you wrote and- "all variations of cases within the
> domain will match that rule as they refer to the same domain" => I agree-
> "they will all deliver to the same local user as far as OpenSMTPD is
> concerned" => With virtual users it didn't work like that for me when I wrote
> the message so after your email I did tests and search and saw this option
> %{dest.user:lowercase} which seem to solve my problem.
> From what I understood in the RFC, upper case and lower case should be the
> same for the user part and I shouldn't have had to specify that lowercase
> option, it should have worked by default in my humble opinion and if my
> understanding in english is correct.

That's because you assume that the delivery method is covered by the
RFC which it isn't. The SMTP RFC covers SMTP, it doesn't cover mbox,
maildir, virtual users, virtual domains and whatnot.

Turns out that by default virtual users work the way I explained, if
you use virtual domains with virtual users and request Maildir or
mbox, you will find no problem happens.

But in your case, you explicitely asked for the path to include the
domain and this domain is not normalized by default, it's up to the
user to normalize it with the filters as you figured.

--
Gilles Chehade

https://www.poolp.org                                          @poolpOrg