On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 08:26:14AM +0100, Jiri Navratil wrote:
> Hello Mik and Gilles,
>
> On Sat, Mar 11, 2017 at 02:12:39PM +0000, Mik J wrote:
> > I've implemented a quick and dirty way to retrieve statistics with bind and
> > spamd through snmp. I could do the same with opensmtpd but the trafic of my
> > mail server is close from 0 at the moment.I just wanted to say that in a
> > real production environnement monitoring is quite important for instance
> > with snmp.
> > I don't know if other people using opensmtpd share this opinion.
>
> I'm using opensmtpd and will welcome monitoring via snmp.
>
> I can help with testing.

If someone is willing to work on this, I'll review diffs but it's not
part of my todo list and I don't have an interest myself as it didn't
prevent me from monitoring using various existing tools. It's less of
a priority than the config change, the mta rewrite and filters as far
as I'm concerned.

> PS (next item to wish list, please): and I will also welcome fix for
> delivering to local users, that have username with upper capitals.

Don't hold your breath, that is not going to happen anytime soon, it
isn't a bug but a design choice to fold to lowercase as it makes the
code much simpler and removes ambiguities.

OpenSMTPD is not suited for MXs running mixed-case system usernames.

--
Gilles Chehade

https://www.poolp.org                                          @poolpOrg