On Fri, Aug 03, 2018 at 01:33:03AM +0200, ѽ҉ᶬḳ℠ wrote:
> Neither is utilizing dovecot's native lmpts stack though and adding
> (unnecessary) complexity to the network.
> postfix has ltmps implemented and perhaps the smptd developers may
> consider to follow suit some day.

Someone asking developers to add TLS to a daemon for a protocol that is
meant to be ran *locally* or on a trusted network, while complaining
that the proposed alternatives add unnecessary complexity.  Oh the
irony...

Even if you insist on running something called "local" on a different
host, you have presented yet another possible solution yourself: a VLAN.
If you really really really need TLS then you'll probably be better off
running a different instance of smtpd on the dovecot host, with an
extremely simple config that does nothing else than listening on 25
using TLS and delivering everything via lmtpd.

There are plenty of solutions.  Unfortunately for you, nearly all of
them require that it is you that handle the complexity *you* require,
instead of offloading it to the devs.

Cheers
Zé