On 02/22/20 12:55, Søren Aurehøj wrote:
Hi Misc

I am using OpenSMTPD 6.6.0 on OpenBSD 6.6 stable

Currently I’m using the tls-require option in order to get mandatory TLS on outgoing mail, but with that follows the normal time-out values regarding bounce intervals. Because of greylisting, I’m not sure that adjusting these time-out values is the best way around this problem.

I have tested the scenario with a mailserver which is unable to use TLS, by sending mail to mailnesia.com <http://mailnesia.com>. This gives the expected result - "mta event=error reason=TLS required but not supported by remote host” in the maillog.

My mailserver recognizes when it is unable to continue the delivery due to a configuration setting on my mailserver. But instead of bouncing the mail immediately, it is queued anyway for later delivery.

Is it possible to enforce outgoing mail to always use TLS - and bounce more or less immediately, if the sending mailserver registers that the receiving mailserver is unable to meet our requirements regarding TLS?

Kind regards

Søren Aurehøj

I guess you could try adding to smtpd.conf:

bounce warn-interval 1s

Edgar