Hello,

I see a lot of outgoing EMails queued with a message "smtp-out:
Address family mismatch" in the log file. My colleagues don't like
EMails being put on hold at all.

My current (new-style) smtpd.conf has a line

     action "relay_external" relay src 192.168.1.1 helo "mail.example.com"

My guess would be that the target domain, at the time of the DNS query, only returned a IPv6 address.

I have a similar problem. My config is

action "relay2Internet" relay \
        helo $hostn \
        src {$v4adr, $v6adr}

as I want to allow IPv4 and IPv6. Since the src-adresses are getting alternated I often get "Address family mismatch" because the target doesn't have IPv6 yet. (At least I believe that is what's happening.)