> On 24 Jul 2020, at 7:52 am, William Carson <opensm...@dsllsn.net> wrote:
>
>> On Jul 22, 2020, at 9:43 PM, Sam Vaughan <samjvaug...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>
>> I see that everything’s good on OpenBSD thanks to Martijn’s dkim filter, but
>> there's no port of it on FreeBSD and my initial efforts to create one showed
>> that it’s not a job for a first-time porter.  So I now don’t know whether to
>> try looking into milter support for OpenDKIM, or revert back to dkimproxy,
>> or maybe even compile and run an old OpenSMTPd version like the 6.1 port
>> which works flawlessly on FreeBSD 11.3.
>
> I use mail/dkimproxy on FreeBSD and it works great. I followed the config
> template on
> https://poolp.org/posts/2018-05-21/switching-to-opensmtpd-new-config/ and it
> was very simple and straightforward.

Thanks William, you’re quite right.  I dusted off my old notes for setting up
dkimproxy and it still works just fine with OpenSMTPd 6.7.1p1 on FreeBSD 12.1.
 The updated syntax in that link was helpful thank you.

Of course it still means running a pool of separate proxy processes just for
DKIM signing which is a step backwards from having a dedicated filter, but it’s
a much leaner alternative to using rspamd, and in my experience much more
reliable too.

When I get some time I’ll have another look at trying to port Martijn’s filter
from OpenBSD.

Cheers,

Sam