Sent via the Samsung Galaxy A10e, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone
-------- Original message --------From: Dave Anderson <d...@daveanderson.com>
Date: 3/5/22  12:08 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: Thomas Bohl
<opensmtpd-misc-64...@aloof.de> Cc: misc@opensmtpd.org Subject: Re: Message
submission vs message acceptance/relay? Thinking more about this, I understand
that the developers want to keep OpenSMTPd as simple as possible -- simple code
is easier to understand and maintain, and less likely to have bugs. I do think
that it's important to clearly document what OpenSMTPd does or does not do
regarding special processing for submission ports (even if it's just a
statement that nothing special is done).The fact that the DKIM filter can add a
header to the message data suggests that RFC 4409 processing of envelope data
and message headers could be done in a filter, which would make it easily
available to anyone who wants it while not complicating the smtpd codebase. Is
such a filter known to exist? I'm tied up with enough other things at the
moment that I'm not volunteering to write one (and I'm not in a position to be
able to maintain it long-term, and I've no information on how to write a
filter). DaveThere is a manual for filters it's just incomplete. If you
download the source it's smtp-filters.7 or something like that. What headers
are you trying to add. Perhaps if you were more specific about what you want
done someone could help.Edgar On Fri, 4 Mar 2022, Dave Anderson wrote:>Thanks
for trying, but we're talking at cross-purposes here. I should >have been more
explicit -- my question was intended to be about adding >missing Date headers,
completing partial domain names, etc.>>    Dave>>On Sat, 5 Mar 2022, Thomas
Bohl wrote:>>>>>> I'm working on getting OpenSMTPd on OpenBSD 7.0-release
working>>> properly, and don't see any information about the special handling
that>>> MSAs can/should do that MTAs shouldn't and don't see any obvious way
to>>> tell OpenSMTPd to do this handling on the submission/submissions
ports.>>>> listen on 0.1.2.3 port 25 tls \>>       hostname mx.example.com pki
$foo \>>    filter { "rdns", "fcrdns" }>>>> listen on 0.1.2.3 port 465 smtps
\>>    hostname smtp.example.com pki $bar \>>  mask-src auth <table>>>>> Two
different ports, two different ways of handling things.>>>> hth>>>>-- Dave
Anderson<d...@daveanderson.com>