On 23.03.2022 23:41, Pete Long wrote:
Hi all,

When I run the following command, I see lots of useful information about
what's happening with OpenSMTPD; particularly with filters.

smtpd -dv -Tlookup

However, I can't seem to find a way to capture the output to a file. I've
tried 'tee' but my syntax is probably wrong.

Does the command above log events on a different level or are they
ephemeral?

Thanks for your time.

Pete.

iirc you can also force the running daemon to log to maillog or whatever it's logging to using 'smtpctl trace lookup' ('smtpctl untrace' to stop), also 'smtpctl log verbose' and 'smtpctl log brief' might come handy.

Good luck
Reio