Hello,

I would like to reject mails with a customized error message. As
far as I understand the documentation, I cannot pass any additional
parameters to a "reject" command. Am I missing something? How can
I return a specific error message?

You will need to rewrite your config to use filtering.

This examples rejects mails that are in the table "ileglfr".

match from any for any mail-from <ileglfr> reject

This is the same thing but with a filter and a custom reject message:

filter "ileglfr" phase mail-from match mail-from <ileglfr> reject "550 No mails from you pl0x"

listen on ... filter { "ileglfr" }