On 25.01.2023 14:36, eero pomell wrote:

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: *eero pomell* <pomelle...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2023, 14:33
To: <misc@opensmtpd.org>

How I setup a mailing list? Since /etc/aliases have to expand to names that are users in the system, I dont know how to do it. For example if there's a mailing list: l...@example.com, how would you make the server forward it to all the addresses in the list. After reading the manpage I still don't know how to do it.

It is not true that /etc/aliases have to expand to users on the current system, only that they have to expand to deliverable emails.

You didn't say enough about your mailing list. How big? How often it changes? Do you want users to sign up themselves?

For really trivial lists (a small number of members, rarely changing), just use

list1: myself, b...@hosta.com, al...@hostb.com

For longer lists that you are willing to maintain yourself, use this form (filename is arbitrary, file has one address per line):

list2: :include:/etc/mail/lists/list2.txt

For larger lists, that people can sign up for, or other features, as Reio Remma points out:

You'll need a mailing list management software to set up a list ...

I use mailman for several smallish mailing lists in this category.