and I think I know why that happened:

my today's message to the list was suddently accepted, and looking at the headers I noticed

so I had to start digging...

turns out a user on my server had sent an email to a contact using a domain which is no longer active at fastmail, and fastmail -- instead of giving 5xx -- gave 4xx and made my server keep retrying, and each delivery attempt (to each IP address of each MX every time) would make score worse.... but when retry rules increased period between retries, score went a bit up -- to 4, which I understand is still _very_ bad...

• Kirill Miazine [2023-10-03 18:03]:
Hi there

I'm (mostly) new to OpenSMTPD (5-10 line quick configs do not count), having used Exim for 20+ years, and finally finding motivation to replace (parts of) my setup with something more compartmentalized.