On 2023-12-06 19:47, Paul Pace wrote:
Is there a way to limit messages sent per unit time?

Maybe it's just not possible in OpenSMTPD?

My use case is I have a small cluster of servers that use a single server as an SMTP relay. One of the servers hosts stuffs that have a somewhat higher probability of being compromised, so one method I would like to use to limit the potential damage done by a compromised server is to rate limit messages sent, ideally by some number of messages per unit time (probably 1 per 10 seconds, since it isn't expected to send much mail).

Thank you,

Paul