[2024-02-10 17:52] Omar Polo <o...@omarpolo.com>
> Hello,
>
> On 2024/02/09 09:15:17 +0100, Philipp <phil...@bureaucracy.de> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > An updated version with some logging is attached.
> >
> > Philipp
>
> This reads fine to me, thanks for working on it.  I'm just not sure
> about changing ber.c, since it just adds to the difference with libutil'
> ber.c.  Seems that lot of time passed since it was imported here, and
> the base version of this file grew quite a lot (-extras' ber.c predates
> the rename to ober_*().)
>
> Also, looking at the new code ber.c doesn't seem to do any explicit
> read(2)/write(2), it just reads/writes to buffers, which means that we
> should be able to plug the new ber.c and still be able to do LDAPS.
>
> Would you mind if I first sync ber.c and then we'll work through
> rebasing this on top?  Most of the diff should remain as-is, except for
> the ber.c changes.

I'm not sure whats best at the moment, so let's give it a try. When you
already sync from openbsd, do you might also sync aldap.{c,h}[0]? When I
see correct they are from usr.bin/ldap.

As always I can test this.

Philipp

Ps: just for your info: I have noticed that upstream has patches after
    I wrote most of the patch.

[0] Yes I have changed some parts there, but it sould not be that hard
    to port them.