misc@,

Is it possible to inject into email date and message-id when email hasn't
got one?

Use case: my scaner sents email but qutie dummy which has format like:

  From: some@email
  To: my@email
  Subject: Scanned documents

  This is a multi-part messsage in MIME format.

  --__MIME_Section_Boundary__

  JVBERi0xLjQKMSAwIG9iago8PCAvVHlwZSAvQ2F0YWxvZwovUGFnZXMgMiAwIFIKPj4KZW5kb2Jq
  CjMgMCBvYmoKPDwgL1R5cGUgL1BhZ2UKL1BhcmVudCAyIDAgUgovUmVzb3VyY2VzIDQgMCBSCi9N
  dHhyZWYKNDQ5ODU5OAolJUVPRg==

  --__MIME_Section_Boundary__--

as you may guess it's impossible to add current date to subject.

Some email cleint (at least Wunderlust which I use) creates a fake msgid
from some fields like From, To, Subject, Date, etc. when it missed to use it
as cache key.

So, literrally all emails from my scanner is cached as single email.

As simpler solution I see the behaviour for OpenSMTPd to inject MessageId
(when it missed) or date.

Or it's bad idea?

--
wbr, Kirill