Thank you, well put. Now if we can get the patted on the head group to
really wake up, we might save this country.

Jerry

  -----Original Message-----
  From: missourilibertycoalition@googlegroups.com
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Charity Davis
  Sent: Friday, September 19, 2008 9:10 AM
  To: Charity Davis
  Subject: Are you a fearless voter?

  www.fearlessvoter.com

  The Fear.
  Yesterday was Constitution Day. There wasn't much hoopla about it that I
could tell, but then I rarely participate in the multi-billion dollar
industry of what is passed off for "news" in our country. After 7 years –
read, post-9/11 — of "conservative media" consumption, I'm pretty much on
the wagon with the exception of Fox News Sunday with Chris Wallace, which
airs at 8 a.m. on local broadcast TV. I'm invariably late for church most
Sundays because I am a major Brit Hume fan and can hardly tear myself away
during the second segment of the Power Panel. I truly thrill when this great
old newsman one-ups Juan Williams when the poor Liberal is being a donkey's
patootie. Fortunately for me, that happens often enough and the Rector is
now resigned to seeing my smiling face arrive at 9:07 a.m. – 7 minutes
late – and he simply smiles and nods. He understands. Whether he agrees or
not, he knows what I am up against and it's okay.

  Three days after Arab Muslims terrorized the U.S.A. with jet planes was
the day I subscribed to cable TV and discovered "conservative" talk radio.
It took me that many days for my mind to fully comprehend what had happened.
Three days I sat glued to the "box" waiting, not sleeping, hoping
desperately for someone to come on and tell us that it was a terrible
Hollywood stunt, the perpetrators were now in custody awaiting maximum
punishment and that life as I, we, once knew it could resume. It didn't and
the damage was done. If it wasn't before, Fear was now every American's
companion.

  The Bible says, "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity (of
cowardice, of craven and cringing and fawning fear), but [He has given us a
spirit] of power and of love and of calm and well-balanced mind and
discipline and self-control." (2 Timothy 1:7, Amplified)

  I'm not a Bible scholar or theologian by any means, nor do I purport
myself to be any kind of  "expert" on God. What I am is just your basic
Midwestern American girl who's pushing the underbelly of 50, letting my gray
grow out, recovering from wandering around for 40 years of American life in
a desert called Liberalism and saved by the grace of God. I am also employed
with an associated fundraiser dialing for dollars for several non-profits
including various levels of the Republican Party. Since 2004 I've had
meaningful 3-4 minute conversations with about 12,000 good-willed Americans
(mostly Republicans, but not all) across the country with only 1 complaint
and $1,000,000-raised for my employer's clients. In my book, that's a lot of
"pulse taking" of the American voting constituency and day-in-and-day-out I
hear it over and over – Fear.

  When you are a faceless voice on the other end of a phone talking with
people about a subject that is very near and dear to them, they will often
tell you things they would never say otherwise. They will sometimes tell you
that they'll never vote Democrat, but they'll never say they won't show up
to vote. They will tell you they won't give the Republicans money until the
Party gets some backbone, but they'll never say it's their elected officials
who are the problems. They will tell you that they'll vote for who they
perceive to be the lesser of two evils, but they'll never say it's still
evil because, well, he's OUR evil.

  Besides, if the vote isn't cast for "the lesser of two evils," then it
must be a wasted vote because then it's a one-half vote for the "greater of
two evils."

  HUH?

  And "the greater of two evils" is really scary.

  Well, okay. Now we're at the root of the problem. Apparently, in the mind
of many voting-age Americans, it no longer matters that neither of the Big 2
Parties' candidates are sufficiently Constitutional in their articulated
positions and/or voting records to merit even a single American vote in the
first place, but now it's okay and even socially esteemed to vote for the
candidate who is just slightly less damaging to our country and her people
than the other one?

  Huh?

  Since when is it acceptable in America to cast a vote for President of the
United States based on fear?

  Just days before the Republican National Convention, the Media were
reporting speculations that John McCain might name a pro-choice candidate
for VP. The Conservatives went ballistic. Church-goers and leaders, already
knowing they'd been betrayed by the nomination of McCain at the top of the
ticket, for some unknown reason thought it plausible that if they threatened
the Party one more time with mutiny and the seeking out of an alternative
that better suited their convictions, they would be heard.

  Who knows if the Party was actually listening or not, they certainly tried
to spin it that way, so let's look at the reality of events. Yes, Sarah
Palin was offered the job just a week or so before the announcement and yes,
McCain and she had only had a meal together a couple of weeks before that.
But the real key here is what happened back in February at the Governors'
Conference where they first met. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to
realize that Gov. Palin was being thoroughly vetted from that moment onward.
At that level of power, you just don't casually walk up to someone 2-3 weeks
from the biggest bash of the year for the Party and say, "Excuse me. I know
we just chit-chatted over M&Ms at the Governors' Conference 7 months ago and
I really don't know anything about you, but would you like to be Vice
President of the United States?" The full vetting process takes months
although they probably expedited it on his (her?) behalf. (Just ask any
regular American who's still waiting on their clearance for a Homeland
Security job how long it takes.)

  To the interested observer of political entertainment, though, even if
McCain had put a pro-choice candidate on the ticket, it still would be his
election to lose, because there is nothing scarier to a conservative
Republican than a know-nothing youngster who spouts Marxist rhetoric at the
beck-and-call of the likes of Tom Daschle and who "MIGHT be a Muslim and
maybe not even an American citizen." (Nothing better than a little mystery
and intrigue courtesy of the media again to set the tongues a-waggin'.) In
fact, after all of the "news" and talk shows spent June through August
treating us and the rest of the world to the Summer of Love Tour with Barack
Obama and the DNC Singers & Dancers, conservative Republicans were willing
to vote McCain-Anyone just to keep the
No-Thought-Of-My-Own-Greater-of-Two-Evils out of the White House even if it
meant they were unable to breathe through their noses during the entire
balloting exercise.

  Conservative Republicans have fallen in line. The King, with his pro-gun,
pro-life Mommy-Queen as a distraction from his nefarious legislative history
and foreboding executive future, gloats over the coup. As a friend recently
put it: All is now seemingly right with the world and Conservatives,
appeased, patted on the head and sent back to church, can take a seat
instead of having to take a stand.

  Yet another major bank is getting ready to collapse giving the Government
ownership of more mortgage and loan paper than perhaps at any other time in
our history. It's just the tip of the iceberg and we're headed straight for
it. This is what we should be scared about so now is not the time for
timidity, cowardice, cringing, worry, anxiety and fear. If the very
definition of insanity is to do something the way you've always done it and
then expect different results from it; then logic dictates that: Voting the
way we've always voted expecting different results is also insanity and
insanity is not from our Creator.

  Rather, this is the time for calm, well-balanced thinking, wisdom,
discipline, self-control and above all, courage. It is going to take every
clear-thinking, rational, reasonable, logical American who believes that the
best courage is the Courage of Liberty voting fearlessly in order to turn
our country around.

  Join us. Check out your Constitutional choices at:
www.constitutionparty.com and www.lp.org. For those of you who insist on
being contrary (these parties and candidates do not agree to states'
rights), www.gp.org or www.votenader.org.

  --
  Proud 2B Peculiar

  "I am only one, but I am one.  I can't do everything, but I can do
something, what I can do, that I ought to do, and what I ought to do by the
grace of God I shall."

  I Love the Lord http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrld1qQTd38

  "Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish
the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." -- John Quincy Adams