---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Common Sense <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 10:10 AM
Subject: Common Sense: A Question Worth Asking?
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 September 24, 2008
A Question Worth Asking?The presidential candidates talk about leadership
and change. What's the one question that combines both, but is not asked?
Simple: What happens if it all comes crashing down?

After the worst stock market drop since 9/11, the question doesn't seem so
out of place. Our federal government's debt is rising fast. Even if we
balanced the budget tomorrow, the government would have a deep,
multi-trillion dollar debt. Trillions and trillions, you might say.

So, Mr. Obama; so, Mr. McCain — what do you do when the Treasury can't find
anyone to invest in all the debt we have created, and must maintain? What do
we do when the compounding of interest and increased deficits make monthly
maintenance impossible?

Neither of you have even suggested a balanced budget early in your first
term. So what do you do when our credit goes crunch?

Add to this the federal government's obligations to the citizenry, in the
form of Social Security retirements and Medicare and pensions and such, and
what *can* you do?

How do you stave off — or, if not, survive — a worldwide depression?

The scenario is not fantastic. Just look at current figures and crunch the
numbers.

So, what would Senators Obama and McCain say? I'd be curious what Bob Barr
and Ralph Nader would say, too. Have they thought of the possibility?

This is one question that sure would make the upcoming debates interesting.

This is Common Sense. I'm Paul Jacob.

 Comment on this
episode<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=10602712&msgid=140563&act=Q8EZ&c=217972&admin=0&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fthisiscommonsense.com%2F2008%2F09%2F24%2Fa-question-worth-asking%2F>|
Listen
to this
episode<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=10602712&msgid=140563&act=Q8EZ&c=217972&admin=0&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fthisiscommonsense.com%2Faudio%2FCS2163aquestion.mp3>

 Paul Jacob is Senior Advisor to the Sam Adams Alliance, which sponsors both
Paul's weekly
Townhall<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=10602712&msgid=140563&act=Q8EZ&c=217972&admin=0&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.townhall.com%2FColumnists%2FPaulJacob%2F>column
and Common
Sense<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=10602712&msgid=140563&act=Q8EZ&c=217972&admin=0&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fthisiscommonsense.com%2F>,
a short radio commentary featured in over 100 radio stations throughout the
country.

Click
here<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=10602712&msgid=140563&act=Q8EZ&c=217972&admin=0&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fthisiscommonsense.com%2F>to
visit our new website, which has archives of Paul's commentary since
1999!

<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=10602712&msgid=140563&act=Q8EZ&c=217972&admin=0&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fthisiscommonsense.com>

Knowledge is power. Find out a whole lot more about ballot issues, the
judiciary, and transparency in government at the  websites below:
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=10602712&msgid=140563&act=Q8EZ&c=217972&admin=0&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fballotpedia.org%2Fwiki%2Findex.php%3Ftitle%3DMain_Page>

<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=10602712&msgid=140563&act=Q8EZ&c=217972&admin=0&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fjudgepedia.org%2Findex.php%2FMain_Page>

<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=10602712&msgid=140563&act=Q8EZ&c=217972&admin=0&destination=http%3A%2F%2Fsunshinereview.org%2Findex.php%2FMain_Page>
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=10602712&msgid=140563&act=Q8EZ&c=217972&admin=0&destination=http%3A%2F%2Ffreepauljacob.com%2F>
<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=10602712&msgid=140563&act=Q8EZ&c=217972&admin=0&destination=http%3A%2F%2Ffreepauljacob.com%2F>

<http://click.icptrack.com/icp/relay.php?r=10602712&msgid=140563&act=Q8EZ&c=217972&admin=0&destination=http%3A%2F%2Ffreepauljacob.com%2F>

  This message was sent from Common Sense to [EMAIL PROTECTED] It was sent
from: Sam Adams Alliance, 20 N. Wacker Dr. Suite 3330 , Chicago, IL 60606.
You can modify/update your subscription via the link below. [image: Email
Marketing Software] <http://www.icontact.com/a.pl/144186>
   Manage your subscription
<http://app.icontact.com/icp/mmail-mprofile.pl?r=10602712&l=16757&s=Q8EZ&m=140563&c=217972>
<http://app.icontact.com/icp/sub/forward?m=140563&s=10602712&c=Q8EZ&cid=217972>

--
http://votetom4council.webs.com/

http://417-political-pundit.blogspot.com/

www.moliberty.org

"lite a fire for a man he'll be warm for a day, lite the man on fire and
he'll be warm the rest of his life".

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics
won't take an interest in you!
-Pericles (430 B.C.)

In fact, there is a direct correlation between loyalty to one's spouse and
the "trustworthiness, sincerity, honesty and strength of leadership"
required to lead a nation.
~John Edwards~

"no cause is lost if there is but one fool to fight for it"
~Will Turner~
~Pirate's of the Caribbean @ World's End~

Save your property rights
www.mo-cpr.org