Congressman Blunt spoke to the Council for Christian Colleges and
Universities during their annual meeting in Washington, D.C., about issues
before
Congress affecting their schools.  He was introduced by Southwest Baptist
University
President Pat Taylor, who became president in 1996 when Blunt was elected to
Congress.
Dear Friend:
I’m honored again that you trusted me with another term as your voice on
Capitol Hill and I want to make sure you’re kept informed.  Congress is off to
brisk start, but regrettably that quick pace has come with a hefty price tag.
Below, please find information about what I worked on last month.
Click on any of these headlines for more news:
_Blunt Sworn in to 7th Term_
(http://blunt.houseenews.net/mail/util.cfm?mailaction=clickthru&gpiv=2100031676.158548.289&gen=1&mailing_linkid=3055)

_Blunt Votes Against Democrats’ Debt Plan Supports Alternative to Help
Families Keep More of Their Paychecks_
(http://blunt.houseenews.net/mail/util.cfm?m
ailaction=clickthru&gpiv=2100031676.158548.289&gen=1&mailing_linkid=3056)
_Blunt Takes Lead to Eliminate Medicare Therapy Caps_
(http://blunt.houseenews.net/mail/util.cfm?mailaction=clickthru&gpiv=2100031676.158548.289&gen=1&maili
ng_linkid=3057)
_Federal Agencies Agree with Blunt, Delay Changes to State’s Educator
Retirement System_
(http://blunt.houseenews.net/mail/util.cfm?mailaction=clickthru&gpiv=2100031676.158548.289&gen=1&mailing_linkid=3058)

_Blunt Statement on Clemency for Agents Ramos, Compean _
(http://blunt.houseenews.net/mail/util.cfm?mailaction=clickthru&gpiv=2100031676.158548.289&gen=1&ma
iling_linkid=3059)
_Blunt Votes for Public Safety, Opposes Digital TV Delay_
(http://blunt.houseenews.net/mail/util.cfm?mailaction=clickthru&gpiv=2100031676.158548.289&gen=1&m
ailing_linkid=3060)
I’m also excited about a new radio show, called Blunt Talk, that I launched
last week.  During the show, I spoke about the so-called “stimulus” plan that
Congress is debating and a proposed delay to the digital television
broadcasting transition.  Listen to the show _here_
(http://blunt.houseenews.net/mail/util.cfm?mailaction=clickthru&gpiv=2100031676.158548.289&gen=1&mailing_linkid=305
3) .
I'm always anxious to hear your thoughts and opinions, so please don't
hesitate to email me through my website (_blunt.house.gov_
(http://blunt.houseenews.net/mail/util.cfm?mailaction=clickthru&gpiv=2100031676.158548.289&gen=1&mailing
_linkid=3054) ) if you have concerns or suggestions to share. Once you’re
there, you’ll find an ever-changing web site that should bring you easy access
more information. I invite you to visit often.
Of course, you can always contact us the “old-fashioned way” by calling my
Springfield office at (417) 889-1800, our Joplin office at (417) 781-1041, or
my Washington, DC office at (202) 225-6536. Please don’t hesitate to let us
know what’s on your mind. If we can’t help you, there’s a good chance we can
put
you in contact with someone who can.
Sincere regards,
Roy Blunt