My Middle School son says he has never heard of anything like this (but he was
home schooled the last 3 years & this is his first year in public Middle
School).

My high school son says that some people will adhere to the silence kick on
that day, but it is a select few.  Apparently the school system lets the kids
be silent for this "cause."  I don't know if any teachers follow this silence
practice for a day (if so, there would be no teaching).  That's all I could get
out of my two sons.  My older son attends Central High School.

--Glenn

Quick access to your favorite MSN content and Windows Live with Internet
Explorer 8.