From: Davis Family [mailto:darlingdavisfam...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2009 8:39 AM
To: missourilibertycoalition@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Retired Lt Col Allen West on Fort Hood Massacre

Right on Eric!

I am tired of the infringement on the right to bare arms, ESPECIALLY against
those that are supposed to be defending our nation.

This incident also lets 'others' know how vulnerable our bases are, give
them their guns and quick!  Make a HUGE public event out of it too, so that
enemies might be less likely to think that we are all unarmed!

On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 10:31 PM, Eric Vought <evou...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Nov 16, 2009, at 10:29 AM, Fred B. Ellison wrote: (quoting Allen
West)

> My wife and two daughters were stunned at the incident having lived
> on the post in family housing.
> A military installation, whether it is Army, Navy, Air Force,
> Marine, or Coast Guard, is supposed to be a safe sanctuary for our
> Warriors and their families. It is

It is supposed to be a sanctuary MADE SAFE by our warriors. Who is
supposed to make it safe if not the SOLDIERS themselves?

The problem is that we have gone to ridiculous lengths to make it
difficult for our officers to carry their sidearms even on a MILITARY
BASE. Why does a Texas cop have to become a hero (wounded four times
and still returning fire) to save our SOLDIERS from attack? If we
cannot trust our own military officers to carry their service
handguns, why don't we just surrender now?

It doesn't matter whether the guy was a lone nutcase, a "jihadist
terrorist" or one of Santa's elves gone a bit over, the point is this
kind of incident should not be able to happen on a military
installation without fifty trained marksmen shooting him dead 1.2
seconds after it starts. This incident is a tragedy, but the point
many people are missing is: we should be EMBARRASSED that we let it
happen.

If an armed attacker came into our house, we can get to any of several
firearms at different locations in the house rather quickly (and
unlock them), even in the middle of the night. We have taken care to
make sure that we can balance "safe" and "accessible" as much as is
practicable and both my wife and I are trained in their proper use.
For this reason, one of them is ON MY PERSON at this very moment. If
the gun is in my holster, I know that no one else, including our young
daughter, has inappropriate access to it. It is safe and secure. I can
also get to it rather quickly if our livestock guardian starts barking
or if someone starts beating on my door with an axe. In the same way,
the best place for guns on a military base is in the hands of a good
number of trained soldiers at any particular moment. If you cannot
trust ANY of these officers to carry their sidearms, how can you trust
the officer (or noncom) who ISSUES THEM? They have to carry them in a
WAR ZONE don't they?

We have spent a lot of money to develop and test a military sidearm
that fires every time it is supposed to and does not fire when it is
not supposed to. We spend a lot of money to train these folks to use
them properly, store and transport them safely, and not do stupid
things like shoot themselves while taking a piss. Why, for the love of
small furry animals, are we spending more money to then LOCK THESE
GUNS UP where they do not have access to them WHEN THEY ARE NEEDED?

Whoever wrote those brilliant regulations is responsible for every
single one of these deaths. We cannot possibly prevent or eliminate
evil in the world (or even at home). But we can at least spread the
burden of protecting each other as well as possible.

Sincerely,

Eric Vought
"Faith does not absolve us from trying to understand our world and
make moral distinctions with the eyes and brain given us. Religion is
as much responsibility as direction: Duty not Distinction."

--
This is a Free Speech forum. The owner of this list assumes no
responsibility for the intellectual or emotional maturity of its members.

--
Visit
http://www.fragrantsmoke.com

Learn the 28 Principles of Liberty