Visit our News page

Second Graders Told to Sing “Allah is God”

Dear Fred,

What would happen if public school second graders were told to sing a Christmas
song that proclaimed “Jesus is Lord?”

Or what would happen if those same students were told to sing “We pray ‘til
night to the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?”

The fact is, we don’t have to speculate, because neither of those things is
likely to happen in any public school in America.

So how is it that a public elementary school principal and some teachers saw
nothing objectionable with their students singing “Allah is God?”

Their answer—they were just trying to teach “inclusiveness.” See the Fox News
Radio story below (highlights added).

And when a Christian parent objected, a spokesman for the Muslim Alliance of
Indiana called the objection “Islamophobic.”

So simply objecting to a song in a public school that proclaims “Allah is God,”
when no other faiths are so recognized, is “Islamophobic?”

Wow.

We have reached the point where a non-Muslim parent is called an “Islamophobe”
for simply and rightfully objecting to his child being forced to sing a song in
public school that proclaims “Allah is God.”

Please don’t let anyone tell you we’re over-reacting to the threat of political
correctness and the advance of radical Islam.

CAIR, the Council on American-Islamic Relations, has been a national leader in
the ongoing public relations campaign to tar critics of radical Islam as
“Islamophobes.”

Have you signed our petition calling for a government investigation of CAIR,
the Council on American-Islamic Relations?

If you haven’t, let your voice be heard by adding your name today.

Second Graders Sing About Allah?

Todd Starnes

http://www.foxnewsradio.com/2009/12/14/public-schoo-kids-singing-to-allah/#axzz0ZgJnGmk0

A battle over religion is brewing in central Indiana after a public school
wanted second graders to sing a song declaring, “Allah is God.” The phrase was
removed just before the performance after a national conservative group
launched a protest.

The principal of Lantern Road Elementary School in Fishers, IN, said they were
trying to teach inclusiveness through their holiday production. It included
references to Christmas, Hanukkah, Ramadan, Las Posadas and Kwanzaa. However,
no other deity, other than Allah, was referenced in the show.

“It went off…without a hitch,” Danielle Thompson told the Indianapolis Star.
“Several families thought it was a nice program.”

But others did not – especially David Hogan. His daughter came home with a copy
of the lyrics just days before the production. Hogan, a Christian, told the
American Family Association, a conservative advocacy group, that he was deeply
concerned to learn that his daughter had been singing, “Allah is God.”

Here’s what the children were assigned to sing:

“Allah is God, we recall at dawn,
Praying ‘til night during Ramadan
At this joyful time we pray happiness for you,
Allah be with you all your life through.”
But when it came time to perform the “Christian” part of Christmas, children
were assigned to say:

“I didn’t know there was a little boy at the manger. What child is this?
I’m not sure if there was a little boy or not.
Then why did you paint one on your nativity window?
I just thought if there was a little boy, I’d like to know exactly what he
(sic) say.”
Micah Clark, executive director of the Indiana AFA, launched an Internet
protest once he heard about the allegations. “What surprised me here is that
we’ve had a secular scrubbing of Christmas for so long and the school
apparently didn’t see the problem with kids singing to Allah,” he told FOX News
Radio. “You won’t even mention Jesus and you’re going to force my child to sing
about Allah?”

In email correspondence the school initially defended the reference as a way to
be inclusive of all religions. However, once complaints starting rolling in,
school leaders decided to eliminate the Allah reference.

That drew the ire of the Muslim Alliance of Indiana. “It’s unfortunate if that
was removed from the program just because of Islamophobic feelings,” Shariq
Siddiqui told the Indianapolis Star. “Schools are a place where we should learn
more about each other rather than exclude each other based on stereotypes and
misconceptions.”

But Clark said having children bow and pray is problematic for non-Muslim
families. “(This show) affirmed Islam and negated Christianity. I wouldn’t have
had a problem if it had been equal to all faiths.”

At least one Christian family approved of the Allah reference. “I’m a Christian
and I was in no way offended by the program at Lantern Road,” said Judy Grasso
to The Star.

Read more:
http://www.foxnewsradio.com/2009/12/14/public-schoo-kids-singing-to-allah/#ixzz0ZmhPNSA5

Make sure you receive all of your messages from ACT for America. Add
actforamer...@donationnet.net to your address book as an approved email sender.
If you found this message in your "Bulk" or "Spam" folder, please click the
"Not Spam" button to notify your provider that these are emails you want to
receive.

ACT for America
P.O. Box 12765
Pensacola, FL 32591
www.actforamerica.org

ACT for America is an issues advocacy organization dedicated to effectively
organizing and mobilizing the most powerful grassroots citizen action network
in America, a grassroots network committed to informed and coordinated civic
action that will lead to public policies that promote America’s national
security and the defense of American democratic values against the assault of
radical Islam. We are only as strong as our supporters, and your volunteer and
financial support is essential to our success. Thank you for helping us make
America safer and more secure.

The news items, blogs, educational materials and other information in our
emails and on our website are only intended to provide information, news and
commentary on events and issues related to the threat of radical Islam. Much of
this information is based upon media sources, such as the AP wire services,
newspapers, magazines, books, online news blog and news services, and radio and
television, which we deem to be reliable. However, we have undertaken no
independent investigation to verify the accuracy of the information reported by
these media sources. We therefore disclaim all liability for false or
inaccurate information from these media sources. We also disclaim all liability
for the third-party information that may be accessed through the material
referenced in our emails or posted on our website.

Do not respond to this e-mail for any reason. To discontinue your membership
automatically please, follow the link below. You are registered to receive
email as Fred Ellison at the following e-mail address: fbelli...@yahoo.com. You
must use the correct e-mail address to discontinue your membership.

HOW CAN I TELL OTHERS ABOUT YOUR ORGANIZATION?
Send a personalized version of this message to your friends.

HOW CAN I SUPPORT YOUR ORGANIZATION?
Click here to give an online donation.

Discontinue your subscription.