The next meeting of the Springfield Resistance will be held on Saturday,
February 27, 2010 from 2:00-4:00 p.m. at the Midtown Carnegie Library, 397 E.
Central, Springfield, MO.

The meeting had to be changed to the 4th Saturday due to a conflict in
scheduling at the Library.

Speakers will be Galen Chadwick of the Well-Fed Neighborhood Alliance. The
president of the Ozarks Minutemen will also be speaking.

The WFNA is a local group of citizens who are dedicated to Local Food Security,
the Re-localization of our food supply, and the sustainable, vibrant, local
economy that this will produce. Last year the 1000 Gardens project was one of
the results of their efforts.

Very few citizens realize that currently the majority of the many thousands of
pounds of food needed to feed Springfield on a daily basis come from over one
thousand miles away. In the 1940s, Missouri was a net exporter of food (we
grew/shipped out more than we purchased) but today we grow only about 5% of our
needs. At any point in time, there is only about a three-day supply of food
necessary to feed the 150,000 residents of this city. Any significant
disruption (ice storm, earthquake, terrorist attack, etc.) in our food or
energy supply chain could result in an almost immediate crisis in our ability
to feed ourselves.
http://www.wellfedneighbor.com/

Two of the key statements of the Minutemen are these:

We believe that it is the responsibility of Federal and State governments to
secure our borders, police and control illegal immigration, and enact and
enforce legislation which prevents illegal aliens from working in the United
States.

We believe that our government has failed in its responsibility to the American
people with respect to border control and illegal immigration. Accordingly, we,
the Ozarks Minutemen, believe that it is our duty as citizens, acting within
the law, to prevent further damage to our communities, our economies, and our
way of life by illegal immigration.
www.ozarksminutemen.org

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469226/direct/01/