---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ron Calzone <r...@mo-cpr.org>
Date: Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 5:51 PM
Subject: [MO-CPR] Anti Petition Rights bill hearing Tuesday
To: Missouri Citizens for Property Rights <mo-...@googlegroups.com>

*We have had to do a lot more than simply collect signatures to stop eminent
domain for private gain.*   We have had to fend off attacks on the petition
process itself from the very legislators who refuse to do their job to
defend our property rights in the first place!

One such attack is
HB1788<http://house.mo.gov/content.aspx?info=/bills101/bills/HB1788.htm>
  (Sponsor Rep. Mike Parson <http://house.mo.gov/member.aspx?district=133>)
This bill will practically kill true grass roots petitions but not prevent
efforts by big monied interests.  This bill has passed the House the last 2
years, but did not make it through the senate. * Let's kill it early this
time!*

The hearing is Tuesday - March 16th - afternoon adjournment - Hearing Room 5
-- please don't delay!

*Please do one or more of the following:*
1) *Attend *the hearing
2) *Call *the members of the General Laws Committee (below)
3) *Fax *the members of the General Laws Committee (below)
4) *Email *the members of the General Laws Committee (below)
5) *Fax a witness form* to the chair of the committee at 573-526-3007.
Download a witness form from http://www.mofirst.org/witness-form-HB1788.pdf

*Respectfully ask them to reject any bill that hinders the people's
constitutional right to the petition process!  *

*General Laws - Committee Members*
    Jones, Timothy W., Chair Phone: 573-751-0562 Fax: 573-526-3007 E-Mail:
tim.jo...@house.mo.gov Scharnhorst, Dwight, Vice Chair Phone: 573-751-4392 Fax:
573-526-9782 E-Mail: dwight.scharnho...@house.mo.gov Calloway, Don Phone:
573-751-4468
E-Mail: don.callo...@house.mo.gov Colona, Mike Phone: 573-751-6736 Fax:
573-526-9844 E-Mail: mike.col...@house.mo.gov Day, David Phone: 573-751-1446
Fax: 573-526-0761 E-Mail: david....@house.mo.gov Dougherty, Curt Phone:
573-751-6535 Fax: 573-751-9418 E-Mail: curt.doughe...@house.mo.gov Frame,
Michael Phone: 573-751-4822 Fax: 573-522-1582 E-Mail:
michael.frame...@yahoo.com Low, Beth Phone: 573-751-4485
E-Mail: beth....@house.mo.gov McDonald, Tom Phone: 573-751-9851
E-Mail: tom.mcdon...@house.mo.gov Nieves, Brian D. Phone: 573-751-0549 Fax:
573-526-9846 E-Mail: brian.nie...@house.mo.gov Parkinson, Mark A. Phone:
573-751-2949
E-Mail: mark.parkin...@house.mo.gov Parson, Michael Phone: 573-751-1347 Fax:
573-522-9179 E-Mail: mike.par...@house.mo.gov Wilson, Kevin Phone:
573-751-9781 Fax: 573-522-9287 E-Mail: kevin.wil...@house.mo.gov Wilson,
Larry Phone: 573-751-1167 Fax: 573-526-0821 E-Mail:
larry.wil...@house.mo.gov

For liberty!

- Ron

--

*************************************
Ron Calzone, chairman

"no cause is lost if there is but one fool to fight for it"
~Will Turner~
~Pirate's of the Caribbean @ World's End~

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are
free." ~Goethe

www.moliberty.org

http://417-political-pundit.blogspot.com

The power to tax involves the power to destroy.
~Justice John Marshall~

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics
won't take an interest in you!
-Pericles (430 B.C.)

A legislative act contrary to the Constitution is not law.
~Justice John Marshall~