On Sep 6, 2010, at 4:21 PM, Jerry Blevins wrote (quoting Pamela Geller):

First, there is the Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, leader of the mosque effort. It is clear that Rauf and other mosque leaders are not as moderate as they claim to be. Rauf has close ties to the Muslim Brotherhood, while those who
claim he is moderate just keep telling us that he is without giving us
evidence. But the audio and transcripts posted at my website Atlas Shrugs
prove otherwise.

I have also seen reports of criminal connections. If the guy IS a criminal or conspires to commit crimes, then he belongs in prison. If the money is (provably) dirty then it can be seized and the mosque project presumably would not happen.

But this has nothing to do with the proposed mosque itself. The KKK was decapitated when its leaders crossed the line into directly inciting violence. I have no problem with going after people for that. I do have a BIG problem with opposing the construction of a place of religious worship or even a building which is arguably a place of religious worship (even if it is a bald-faced lie). The precedent of us claiming to be able to judge their intentions or religious convictions from here is very troubling and would rapidly be used against many other groups, including CHRISTIAN groups.

No one shall be deprived of life or liberty without "due process of law". All we have now is an *accusation*, not an actual crime, let alone a conviction in a proper court. Show me a crime, a judge, a jury, and a conviction. That is the standard we are held to. I know of no way to get around that without endangering MY practice of religion and YOURS the same way.

Do you?

Sincerely,

Eric Vought
"Faith does not absolve us from trying to understand our world and make moral distinctions with the eyes and brain given us. Religion is as much responsibility as direction: Duty not Distinction."