Did I forward this to you?

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Roger Crandell <r...@samobile.net>
To: egg...@sbcglobal.net; linda.h...@sbcglobal.net
Sent: Tue, November 2, 2010 12:53:27 AM
Subject: Fixing the Economy

Hi, Linda and Carl. I pasted this from another message. I like this one.

The Fix

There recently was an article in the St. Petersburg, Fl. Times. The Business
Section asked readers for ideas on: "How Would You Fix the Economy?" I think
this guy nailed it!

Dear Mr. President,

Please find below my suggestion for fixing America’s economy. Instead of giving
billions of dollars to companies that will squander the money on lavish parties
and unearned bonuses, use the following plan.
You can call it the "Patriotic Retirement Plan":

There are about 40 million people over 50 in the work force. Pay them $1
million
apiece severance for early retirement with the following stipulations:

1) They MUST retire. Forty million job openings - Unemployment fixed.

2) They MUST buy a new AMERICAN Car. Forty million cars ordered - Auto Industry
fixed.

3) They MUST either buy a house or pay off their mortgage - Housing Crisis
fixed.

It can't get any easier than that!!

P.S. If more money is needed, have all members in Congress pay their taxes...

Mr. President, while you're at it, make Congress retire on Social Security and
Medicare. I'll bet both programs would be fixed pronto!

-- Email services provided by the System Access Mobile Network.  Visit