---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ron Calzone <r...@mofirst.org>
Date: Wed, May 9, 2012 at 3:59 PM
Subject: HB 1534 Update - Obamacare Nullificaiton Bill passes Senate
General Laws Committee
To: t.ma...@gmail.com

Tom,

After unavoidable postponements, the Senate General Laws committee was
finally called to order by the chair, Sen. Jane Cunningham, at 1:30 pm
today.

*We presented your witness form to the committee, along with over 1450
others!*  By a vote of 6 to 2, they voted to pass the bill out of committee
and on to the full senate.  That's a major step!

There is one more step -- the most difficult step -- to go.  The full
senate is where bills often meet their final demise.  We still have a huge
task before us.

The president pro tem -- the top man in the senate -- will be handling HB
1534 as it is debated on the floor.  Our main challenge at this point is
convincing the majority floor leader, Sen. Tom Dempsey, to give the bill
plenty of time for debate and passage.   We have no reason to believe he
doesn't support the bill, so we are hopeful we will have the opportunity
for a robust floor debate.  Friday, May 18th, is the last day of the
legislative session this year.

Please stay tuned, we will probably need your help again!

- Ron

--
"no cause is lost if there is but one fool to fight for it"
~Will Turner~

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are
free." ~Goethe

www.moliberty.org

http://417-political-pundit.blogspot.com

The power to tax involves the power to destroy.
~Justice John Marshall~

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics
won't take an interest in you!
-Pericles (430 B.C.)

A legislative act contrary to the Constitution is not law.
~Justice John Marshall~