*From:* Office Of Superintendent
*Sent:* Tuesday, March 26, 2013 9:21 AM
*To:* All Staff
*Subject:* April 2 is one week away!
*Importance:* High

SPS employees:
A week from today is Election Day when voters will decide whether to invest
in the future of our schools. *Proposition Teachers for Kids* and *Proposition
Classrooms for Kids* will provide SPS operating funds to hire more teachers
and invest $71.65 million in improving our schools.

I hope all of you are already familiar with these proposals and how they
will benefit our students and employees but I want to emphasize two
important points:

    1. Every classroom at every school would benefit from expanded
   broadband internet access and computer replacements. This will allow
   teachers to more effectively use internet-connected devices for
   instruction.

    1. More teachers will be hired to help address overcrowded classrooms.
   Parents and teachers tell us they believe smaller class sizes are
   beneficial. This will help keep class sizes manageable so teachers can
   focus on the individual learning needs of students.

If you haven’t already, I encourage you to take time in the next few days
to review details of these two proposals. This funding request is unique
because *it requires approval of both proposals to accomplish our goals* of
hiring more teachers and adding classrooms. To find out more, *read our
website*<http://www.springfieldpublicschoolsmo.org/pages/SPSMO/DistrictInfo/Bond___Levy_Information/2013>or
*watch a video* <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEwwoU-fk1Q> of teachers
describing the need.

One other important point: You don't have to live within the Springfield
city limits to vote April 2 on *Proposition Teachers for Kids* and *Proposition
Classrooms for Kids*. If you live within the boundaries of Springfield
Public Schools' attendance area and are registered to vote, you may vote on
these issues. A few people have asked me about this and I don’t want there
to be any confusion. Just remember, if you pay taxes to support SPS you may
vote on school issues like school board elections or bond and levy
proposals.

We have seven days left to remind our voters to go to the polls April 2.
Please help us spread the word. It’s easy to do. Just e-mail the video link
below with 10 people you know or, for those of you who use social media,
post it to Facebook or Twitter and ask your friends to share it with
others. Here’s the link: *
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jXrIs3AKsM&feature=youtu.be*<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jXrIs3AKsM&feature=youtu.be>

Thank you.

*Dr. Norm Ridder
*Superintendent of Schools
Springfield Public Schools
*www.springfieldpublicschoolsmo.org*<http://www.springfieldpublicschoolsmo.org>

--
"no cause is lost if there is but one fool to fight for it"
~Will Turner~

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are
free." ~Goethe

www.moliberty.org

http://417-political-pundit.blogspot.com

The power to tax involves the power to destroy.
~Justice John Marshall~

Just because you do not take an interest in politics doesn't mean politics
won't take an interest in you!
-Pericles (430 B.C.)

A legislative act contrary to the Constitution is not law.
~Justice John Marshall~

---
"missourilibertycoalition" group.
to missourilibertycoalition+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.