Dear all,

I have a general question on building projects based on MITK.
My goal is to build a small application in which I would like to give the user opportunity to load and view certain datasets
and alter them by using (mostly) MITK and VTK libraries as well as QT.
In the end I would like to create an executable file for convenience.

After reading a lot of documentation and browsing through your website, I am still a little confused
as to what is the most suitable way to start building such an application...
it seems to me that creating a module would be a proper way and within that module incorporate
the libraries etc that I need..

The other possibility I see is creating an Application, following the style of your
"Workbench" or "Plugin-Generator"... the last two I mention because I pictured a project
in which I have an own Solution File, e.g. a completely new Visual Studio solution, incorporating certain
MITK functionalities and ultimately executing my "application".

You could describe it as trying to set up my own workbench, in a sense that I want to have an application that I can extend
and I can work on in a separate solution file.

Could you guide me through what I have to do or point me to a tutorial I may have missed on your page
or tell me the crucial files/settings I have to take into consideration (maybe with the workbench as an example).

I apologize for the long mail but I am trying to picture it as well as possible to do it properly right away.
Thank you very much in advance, I hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards

Ivaylo Angelov