Hi :)

I’m using the MITK program for my thesis as medical student. I’m not a pro in
programming oder IT-stuff.
I manually segmented bone defects/non-unions and got the volume of these
calculated with the tool of the clipping planes. I used series of computed
tomography and put them in a DICOM file. Then I imported them to MITK.

Now I was wondering if the program also calculates the volume correctly when
the slice thickness changes from the CT series? I noticed that some of the
patients had a CT with a slice thickness of 1mm and some others with 2mm. Do I
have to calculate something different then or does the MITK program adapt
automatically.

I’m happy for any help!

Greetings,
Laura