I have taken a reduced a subset of Owen's work which only includes the
changes to incorporate xwax 0.6 as well as a few changes to End of Record
handling and put them into a mixxx developer's branch.

  I have tested this branch quite a bit and it has worked wonderfully for
me, especially for scratching. The more testing this branch gets the faster
it can be included. For now this is slated for 1.9. I am also planning on
doing some cleanup for 1.10. Hopefully at the same time I can incorporate
some of Owen's more interesting changes including single deck control.

The branch is at:
https://code.launchpad.net/~mixxxdevelopers/mixxx/features_xwax

Enjoy!