re: trackdao.cpp:

// We don't know why this is happening right now, but this assert is
//failing. The condition is mostly harmless, so simply take
//corrective action instead of asserting and warn about it in the
//log -- rryan 12/2010

I can trigger this bug very easily by updating the comment field of a
track in the library by directly editing the field.  Soon after, this
condition occurs and my new data is overwritten with the old data (which
sucks).

So my guess is that items edited directly by the table model aren't
setting the dirty condition.

Owen