On Thu, 2011-04-28 at 00:44 -0400, John Brier wrote:

> I got absolute mode to work by switching to Serato CD and setting
> Absolute mode in the preferences, but it was wonky, every once in a
> while the pitch would jump up in the GUI and then go back to where it was.

The control code is designed to nudge the pitch up or down if the
timecode of the track is drifting compared to the timecode coming in
from control code.  This makes sense in vinyl-land, where there are
variations in pressings, but shouldn't happen with CDs.  If the playback
is out of sync with the CDs, it implies that xwax is interpreting the
pitch wrong.  If you've got pitch set at 0, does mixxx show the playback
speed at +/- 0 bpm?

First, I would make sure that needleskip prevention is turned off,
because that's definitely not needed with CDs.  Not sure if that will
help though.

> Also even at latency set to 23 ms after first loading mixxx and loading
> a track in a deck and starting it, it would play at 1/4 speed and then
> catch up after a few seconds. After it caught up and played normally it
> didn't have that problem again.

The quarter speed and stuttering stuff sounds like a sound card problem,
not a control code problem, I think.  When you say it sounds 1/4 speed,
does the pitch drop too or is it just stuttering?  Does the bpm
indicator also drop, or is the problem just in playback?  Do you get
playback problems without using CDJ control?

> btw, xwax 1.8 and 1.9 on the same hardware has almost no lag and
> absolute mode works perfectly.

Unfortunately I don't have an SL-1 or CDJs, so I can't really test your
setup at all (unless you're based at Redhat's Boston office).  I'll try
to help debug this problem, though.

Owen