On Sun, 2012-05-27 at 17:40 +0300, zestoi wrote:

> will it also be possible to get the distance to the next/previous beat
> as a number of sample frames as opposed to percentage? that would be
> useful for when you jump to a hotcue but behind the beat so the engine
> could jump to the hotcue location + the same number of frames after
> the beat that the current position was?

This is already done and working (as long as you have quantize turned
on).  All seeks, including hotcues, loops, and manual seeks get
quantized to the master clock.  So even as you skip around a song while
you're previewing it, it stays locked to the beat.

> midi clock would also need some UI mods. as well as send on/off and a
> button to actually send out a quantized midi clock start message we'd
> need a clock offset value that can be easily tweaked too, maybe not
> hidden in some prefs page?

I have a little ascii-art mockup for the master clock UI which should
take care of that.
What do you mean by clock offset value?

> the midi clock will be very useful for synching apps like ableton -
> we'd need to be able to separately select midi in and output ports
> though - else mixxx will open both 'in' and 'out' instances of the
> virtual midi port and not allow ableton to open it. the code that
> links midi in and out ports by name is great - but fails for virtual
> midi ports. OT slightly on this point i realise :p

Yeah this is where it's good to have a midi expert on the case.  I don't
really know how all that stuff interacts.

Owen

Live Security Virtual Conference