On Fri, 2013-06-14 at 10:55 -0400, RJ Ryan wrote:
> Nice -- those instructions worked for me to recover an existing branch
> (like http://github.com/xrg/mixxx branch xrg-1.10) except:
>

> 1)  bzr export failed -- does that syntax work? Maybe curl/wget
> git-filter-branch-command-all.sh from bazaar.launchpad.net instead?

did you patch git bzr?

> 2) Don't see the purpose of branchname-update vs. branchname. I just
> used 'branchname'.

In the migration you may want three branches:

1) a rewritten branch that will be synced with git.  You'd like this to
be called "branchname" for clarity.
2) a pure copy of the launchpad branch to which you can pull updates
from bzr when someone commits to that repo.  This is branchname-update
3) a temporary branch, made on branchname-update, which is where you do
the rewrites.  This is the branch you then merge from to get the git
branch up to date.  This is branchname-update-rewrite.  (This branch is
immediately deleted when merge is complete)

> Afterwards it's 196MB (we should probably do this to mixxxdj/mixxx as
> well).

Don't run garbage collection too often, sometimes it's better to leave
some orphan leaves around just in case a mistake was made.  Also I don't
know how to run gc on a remote branch (github may do it automatically).

Owen

Build for Windows Store.

http://p.sf.net/sfu/windows-dev2dev