I can now send generic/binary buffers to Mixxx via SysEx with pre-encoding to
7-bit and js decoding back to 8-bit but it seems the 'data' argument is not
really an array but an object (or array object?) so I can't directly use one of
the myriad array functions to pop the sysex header and eos tail (array.shift(),
array.slice(), array.splice(), etc.), but 1st have to copy it to a temporary
buffer. Didn't find any built-in conversion online, only manual copy loops, did
I miss something?

Since sysex typically carries pretty large messages, it'd be nice if it were a
"native" array.

The MIDI scripting doc also mentions a built-in Alsa encoding from Nov 2012
onward that sends each byte as two separate nybbles so it doubles the message
size -- has anybody ever seen that behavior? Is there a reliable way for a
recipient to detect that encoding?

thx & cheers,

-- p