Hi Gavin,

The test suite is cross platform (we use gtest/gmock). You can build it
with scons test=1.

Switching away from Jenkins would be a lot of work. We have Windows, Mac
and Linux buildbots building every commit. Running the test suite on every
build is definitely feasible. Last time I worked on that Jenkins didn't
understand gtest's output so we didn't get nice stats tracking.

Now that we are on github there are Jenkins plugins that will autorun the
tests for pull requests and comment on the PR if they fail. We should get
that setup!

Please write tests!

Cheers,
RJ