I'd really like to see movement in the direction of release. Isn't this
what the milestone system is for though? Shouldn't issues/bugs be getting
tracked for a given milestone (or sub-milestone being
alpha/beta/RC/whatever) then everyone could see what were blockers for any
given point and then when all of them were cleared it could be released
(alpha/beta/...) at that point.

Just my thoughts.

Gavin S