I tried Crossfade on my friend's setup who normally uses Serato.
However, it's useless to him and many vinyl DJs because there is no
Linux driver for the current generation of Serato sound cards, the Rane
SL2, SL3, and SL4. There is an incomplete driver for the old USB 1.1 SL1
that can't control the phono preamps. Fortunately, the SL2/3/4 have the
phono preamps controlled by physical switches. The only feature that
must be controlled by a driver is analog pass-through. I setup a Windows
7 VM on my computer, plugged in my friend's SL4, and captured the raw
USB traffic with Wireshark when plugging in the device, toggling analog
pass throughs, and running Mixxx. Would anyone with the ability to do so
be interested in using this information to write a Linux driver for
these cards? I am also planning on recording the raw USB traffic with
another friend's SL3. Does anyone have an SL2 or know someone who does
and would be willing to get info for that model?

I posted to alsa-devel and apparently no one there is interested. I
emailed Mark Hill, who wrote the SL1 driver, but he hasn't responded
since sending an initial reply two weeks ago.