Hi Tasso,

with some effort, you can add any effect you like. ;-)

Mixxx does not support VLC effects, but we have a pending LV2 branch, that
supports external LV2 effects.

What type of compressor do you need? What is you use case for it.
Which parameters should is provide.

Maybe it is already covered by one of these pending bugs:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mixxx/+bug/857450
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mixxx/+bug/1000759
https://bugs.launchpad.net/mixxx/+bug/1009987

Please add your details to one of these bugs or file a new one.

Thank you,

Daniel