Great idea, that's what I'm waiting for :) The Windows code is barely tested
due to lack of contributors and a missing CI environment. On the other hand
the Windows user base seems to be big.

In the past I've used a VM, no cross compiling. A VM is still a native
Windows installation where you need to set up your build environment. Manual
installation of the build tools is ok, because you only need to do this
once. But the installation, patching, and building of 3rd party components
needs to be scripted.

I've tried to follow the instructions in the Wiki, but that didn't work.
After copying and editing various files manually I gave up half way, because
it was too much work. With a working Windows build environment I would start
to spend some time on fixing some of the outstanding (and really critical)
bugs. Mixxx is unusable on Windows when playing M4A files.

Uwe