In my usecases ASIO(4ALL) was always the better choice on Windows.

If you say WDM/WASAPI good enough to use Mixxx I don't want to disagree.
Despite ASIO4ALL is just a wrapper for WDM-KS, I had less problems with
ASIO4ALL instead of pure WDM-KS.

Forget what I wrote. Was a nobrainer while shutting down the laptop and
leaving the office.

Cheers guys
Thorsten