On Thu, Dec 8, 2016 at 2:15 PM Thorsten Munsch <thorsten.mun...@synthor.de>
wrote:

> How big is the gzipped file of one full sql dump?
>
> Is diskspace really a problem here?

A backup is 1GB (forum SQL database, forum files, wiki files). We use
Google Cloud "coldline" storage which is $0.007/gb/month. (pretty cheap)

Doing incremental daily backups and weekly full backups is a nice tradeoff.

Thanks for the pointer to duplicity Sebastien :).

> Am 08.12.2016 um 23:01 schrieb Garth Dahlstrom:
> > Nice spot RJ (the data was dropped off in /tmp next to that README)
> >
> > On Dec 8, 2016 4:36 PM, "Thorsten Munsch" <thorsten.mun...@synthor.de
> > <mailto:thorsten.mun...@synthor.de>> wrote:
> >
> >     Why don't we have backups since 12/3? Was the backupjob not running?
> >     Sad..
> >

> > Frankly, I don't feel the forum data really warrants the space required
> > for daily or hourly backups...  It's not exactly e-commerce data or info
> > of high personal valuable, I think of it as being slightly higher value
> > that IRC data, so for the space vs value I think weekly backups are more
> > than adequate.

Training and support from Colfax.