Following discussion in https://github.com/mixxxdj/mixxx/pull/1007

> Reusing the Qick effect knob for the fourth EQ band, Is IMO very handy
> because it works for the Controller and for the GUI. The GUI still matches
> 1:1 to the controller.
>
> We have also discussed to use the gain knob as fourth EQ band. If we
> consider that, we need to decouple the GUI/Controller form the Internal CO
> values from the engine and allow to set a mapping form the EQ preferences.
>
> I prefer this over scripting solution, since it will be "midi leanable"
> and it do not requires to touch all mappings, except changing the names to
> the new mappable knobs.

But you loose either the gain knob or the Quick Effect knob. I want both of
them :)

IMHO shrinking the knobs so they fit in the same space when n=4 is
possible. Again, Traktor does it.

Suppose that the 4 knobs can satisfactorily be fit in each skin. Wouldn't
you prefer this over loosing gain or Quick Effect knob?
Training and support from Colfax.