Yes, we should not follow Traktor to model N Type of hardware mixers. We
may let us inspire from the solutions out there and build a well suited set
of Mixxx EQs, that covers the most important use cases for Mixxx.

Providing a generic EQ builder sounds cool but it is ambiguous, since we
are facing a lot of degrees of freedom.  In case of Biquad EQ types, such a
generic EQ will always be a chain of Filters. So your request is basically
the same what Be has suggested with chaining other effects.

We could add a n-Pole parameter to our isolator EQs, but I am In doubt if
we actually need to be that flexible. It will finally increase the number
of possible EQs even more.

>From my experiences from my past work on the current solution, most users
just do not care about the EQ details. It is also interesting, that we had
not a single complain about a missing conventional EQ option even though it
is the most common one on Hardware. It seams that most users are pretty
happy with an isolator type. This matches also what I can read in forums
discussing EQs.

However, I still think we have some gaps in our EQ Zoo:
* A XONE:92 like EQ
* A conventional Biquad EQ  (PR is pending)
* A 12 dB/Oct isolator ??

Where the IMHO the XONE:92 is not famous because its 4 Band. It is famous,
because it combines an 2 Band ISO with a 2 Band EQ, the best of two worlds.
Interestingly this device is an icon, because the successors with 4-Bands
do not offer full kill. Maybe the required hardware circuit was just too
expensive or complicated.

A sweeping Bell EQ like the play differently could be also fun. An other
use case for  sweeping EQs is to ring out Microphones.