Hi all. I'm creating my first SVCD (30 minutes). After mpeg2enc (I'm
following the steps in the HOWTO), I preview it with mplayer, and it
shows up as a strange aspect, taller than it ought to be, and and with
thick black side borders. Also, the image isn't terribly great on the
bottom (colour out of whack, a bit, ahhh, streaky???).

Is this normal for a SVCD (captured using PAL, if it matters).

I've yet to burn it (I'll need to go to a friends place to test it on
his DVD player (plays SVCD also)).

Also, is it normal for a 30 minute recoding to take about 12 hours for
mpeg2enc to process?

Thanks

--
Cameron Kerr