Hello,

On Sat, Jan 11, 2003 at 07:14:35AM +0100, Bernhard Praschinger wrote:
> Do you use the driver taged with: ZORAN_VIDEODEV_2 ?
> If no please upgrade to that version.

I didn't! I wasn't aware of another branch; now I've compiled it and I'm
testing with it.

The FAQ in it was also an interesting read, BTW. I've fiddled in the
ROM-BIOS setup to give it its own separate IRQ.

> Try lowering the quality if you use a extreme high setting. This helps
> at least on my BUZ.

I was indeed trying max quality (the maximum quality attainable with 256KB
buffer size that is). As a last resort, I could reduce quality a bit if that
helps, but I hope it won't be necessary.

Right now, I'm testing with max quality and the ZORAN_VIDEODEV_2 branch
(and the DC10+ on its own IRQ).
-> Every time when I start recording for the first time since the modules
   have been loaded, I get an "error syncing on a buffer: timer expired"
   after about 2 seconds (= first write to disk).
-> I've now restarted recording after one such 2 second long failed
   attempt, and now it's already running for 18 minutes (using 512kb buffer
   size, hoping the problem will reveal itself sooner, since lower quality
   settings sometimes help, as you wrote).

Thank you for your reply.

Kind regards,
Jonas