Hi,

in /usr/include/mjpegtools/lav_io.h there are several functions
declared to access/read/write a file recorded with lavrec.

I have used these functions to read/write lavrec files.  But how
do i access the samples that are related to a picture?

As i understand it, there is video information and sound
information mixed in the file.  I can read every frame i'd like
with e.g. lav_read_frame.

I assume it can be seen like this:

PIC1...........PIC2...........PIC3...........PIC3
soundsoundsoundsoundsoundsoundsoundsoundsound

How can i read the samples that are related to this frame?

To read out the audio info, do i do it like this?
- read the audio information (bits, channels, rate, number of samples)
- read a video frame N
- set audio position N (lav_set_audio_position)
- read that audio sample (lav_read_audio)

If i do it like this, is video frame N in sync to the audio data then?

Best regards,
Torsten.