Hi Gregoire!

* Gregoire Favre writes:
>as mplex can't split files in a suitable way for ifogen, I have joined
>my files, and I have lots of files bigger than 2Gb, and when I try to
>create a DVD with such files:

>ifogen -o /video2/tmp/VIDEO_TS/VTS --next-vts file.mpg
>STAT: Picking VTS 04

>STAT: Processing file.mpg
>ERR:  Error opening file.mpg: File too large
>Exit 1

>Any idea on what is to be done?

Yup, it's really rather easy if your systems has LFS (large file
support), which it most probably has. Just edit the Makefile to read
like that:

[plail@plailis_lfs]cat /usr/src/media/dvdauthor-0.3.1/Makefile
COMPBIN = src/ifogen src/tocgen src/mpeg2desc src/vob_dump

SCRIPTS = src/makedvd src/makevob src/writedvd

DESTDIR = /usr/local/bin

CFLAGS = -Wall -O3 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE

At least it worked perfectly for me.

HTH
Markus