Bernhard Praschinger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> You hav read the mjpeg howto section: Notes about "interlace field
order

Yes, I did.
Directly from
https://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=3456&group_id=5776

Now I did it again, using mpeg2dec.
This is frustrating. The result shows exactly what I expected, a back
and forth of movement.
Now I wonder why I did not see it before with the other examples I did
several weeks ago. Back then the two images were always absolutely
identical, not nearly. That is the reason why I asked.
That is the second time I asked something here and the second time I
should have been able to find out myself. Grrr...

That doesn't mean everything is necessarily all right now.
While I don't see the results on CD yet, I now tried with mpeg2enc -z b
and -z t and both results seem to be identical (again...). But it
doesn't look good, the edges of the flat areas (anime) is strangely
distorted. I wonder if it will show up in the player.

Doesn't it matter if I use -z b or -z t?

<sigh>