I 'm new to this list. I was wondering how to make use of the -S
option in mpeg2enc.  I have a 4G avi file created by using
streamer from xawtv-3.74.  My intent is to make this into an
SVCD.

It is my understanding that the -S option in mpeg2enc (from
mjpegtools-1.6.1) will determine the max segment size, which can
then be used my mplex.  The command line I am using is as
follows:

lav2yuv +n file.avi | mpeg2enc -f 4,5 -F 5 -b 2500 -S 650 -V 500
-o file%d.m2v.

This results in a file named file%d.m2v that is slightly under
500MB and is less than half the running time of the original avi
file.  What am I doing wrong?  Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Ron Keller