Hej !

> line options the following error ocurrs and the program stops
> abruptly.
>
>   **ERROR: [lavrec] Error initializing Audio: Audio task died.
> Reason:
> Error setting mono/stereo.
>
>   Since i am not having cable connection, I used digital
> camera's
> composite o/p as input to the Tv Tuner card. I compiled "lavrec"
> with
> composite input only. so no doubt in this.
Try to connect to the sound cards' audio input instead - maybe the signal
is not routed through ...

You can also try to record things first with a normal recording program (I
have "record" from Gerd Knorr on my computer for that purpose)

Servus :-),
  Gernot

--
O                Homepage: http://www.lysator.liu.se/~gz                E